03 Jan abortion pills alexandra
The abortion pill is a medicine that ends the pregnancy. The medical name for the abortion pill is mifepristone. It works by blocking the hormone progesterone. Without progesterone, the lining of the uterus breaks down and the pregnancy cannot continue.
The abortion pill is followed by another medicine called misoprostol, which makes the womb contract, causing cramping and bleeding similar to a miscarriage.
This method can be used up to 24 weeks of pregnancy at johannesburg abortion clinic. What to expect depends on whether the pregnancy is less than or more than 9 weeks’ gestation.
You should plan to be at the clinic all day and potentially overnight.
To end a pregnancy till 12 weeks of pregnancy the medicines should be used as follow:
- First you should swallow one tablet of Mifepristone.
- 24 hours later, put 4 tablets of Misoprostol under your tongue and keep them there for 30 minutes, until the tablets are dissolved. You can swallow your saliva. After 30 minutes you can spit out any remains of the tablets
We strongly advise you to use Misoprostol under your tongue. This way, no remains of the pills can be found in the event that you need to go to a hospital. There are no blood tests that can show that you have taken Misoprostol, so there will be no way to prove that you tried to do an abortion.
- If you have less bleeding than expected and you have doubts the abortion started, 3 hours after using Misoprostol, put 2 tablets of Misoprostol under your tongue, keep them there for 30 minutes, until the tablets are dissolved. After 30 minutes, you can spit out any remains of the tablets.
- If you still did not start bleeding and you have more misoprostol tablets, you can continue taking 2 more tablets of Misoprostol under your tongue, keep them there for 30 minutes, until the tablets are dissolved. After 30 minutes, you can spit out any remains of the tablets.
- You can repeat this up to maximum 5 doses of misoprostol in total.